We moved in to a new apartment about a month ago from an open plan solution to a more traditional to bedroom flat with a separate kitchen. Not being able to use our home theatre receiver, my wife wanted a radio in the kitchen and that was all it took to get me in Pi mode.
The parts list is still a work in progress. I had an 16×2 lcd display and a Raspberry Pi 2 laying around so I decided to put them to good use in this project. Speakers, sound card and is still to bee decided.
Displaying info from mpc to the LCD-display haven’t worked out as well as I hoped so I’ll get back to that in the next post.